Five Star Measurement has an immediate opening for an experienced Measurement Technician in Midland, Texas. Work shift is primarily day shift M-F, with on call duties as needed. This is a full time non-exempt hourly paid position.
The Measurement Technician must be familiar with meter testing, gas sampling and witnessing.
Required essential functions include:
• Install, configure, troubleshoot, operate, maintain, inspect, test, and calibrate electronic flow meters,
associated measurement and communications equipment, control and relief valves.
- Witness testing and calibration of 3rd party meters.
- Collect gas samples and prefer experience with chromatograph.
- Maintain typical pipeline equipment, basic measurement equipment, valves, etc.
- Responsible for proper operation and maintenance of measurement facilities in accordance with customer procedures/policies and DOT regulations.
- Maintain accurate records of daily activities, including critical safety and regulatory documentation as it pertains to measurement systems.
Recognize potential hazards to operations and provide protection for both personnel and equipment.
• Ensure that operations conducted under your control or supervision complies with customer’s HSE policies and/or governing agencies.
• Work may require standing, stooping, walking, climbing, carrying instruments weighing up to 40 pounds, and wearing various personal protective equipment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
REQUIRED Experience • 2+ years of Measurement Technician experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Must be familiar with orifice meters and electronic flow measurement with some gas analysis experience.
- Competent knowledge of various types of EFMs and test equipment.
- Competent in all areas and capable of handling most problems except those requiring engineering assistance.
- Computer literate – Microsoft Office and production input programs;
- Must reside within 60 minute drive of field and have valid driver’s license.
Five Star Measurement offers a competitive salary and medical/dental/vision and a generous paid time off policy.Apply Now